MAKING AN IMPACT
I was asked to list the “action items” from the June 10 sermon (“Making an Impact” – Matthew 5:13-16) in the Wednesday email. My hope is for you to find them helpful for the week!
- Be SALTY My Friend! (Simply be who God made you to be!)
- Ask God for OPPORTUNITIES where you can shine the light of Jesus!
- Bring HOPE wherever you go this week!
FATHER’S DAY LA-Z-BOY RAFFLE
We started a tradition a while ago to raffle off the use of a La-Z-boy chair during the Sunday morning service. It has been great! Invite a dad (or male over 18) on Sunday, June 17 to enter the raffle. (Winners must be present at the time of the drawing.)
YOUTH MINISTRIES DISC GOLF OUTING
Meet at Ross Park on Randall Road in Norton Shores on Wednesday, June 20! Score cards will be provided but bring your own disc(s). Contact Marc Baird if you don’t have any discs. We’ll go to Frosty Oasis to finish the night right! Bring money for ice cream and a friend.
June 15, Play to Learn Class, 10AM in the Fireside Room.
June 11, Couples Club meets in Fireside Room, 7:00PM
June 17, La-Z-Boy Chair Raffle during the worship service
June 17, Strawberry Shortcake Festival after church
June 19, Book Club, 6:30 at the Egg Roll House.
June 20, Women’s Bible Study, 10:30 in Fireside Room.
June 20, Youth Ministries Disc Golf Outing, 7:00-9:30PM
June 24, Pray for Muskegon
June 25, Couples Small Group Bible Study, 6:30PM in the Fireside Room
July 1, Youth Ministries Mini-Golf
July 9, Council Meeting, 6:30PM at Cerminaro’s
July 13-14, Couples Small Group Retreat
- Pray for Mike Fairfield as he recovers at home from emergency stomach surgery.
- Praise God for dads who did the best they could and with whom we are quite proud!
- Pray for Jim Ring who is at home recovering from a small stroke recently.
- Pray for Roger Doctor who will have both knees replaced on Monday.
- “Pray for good housing.”
- Pray for Brenda Swanson as she recovers from her fractured fibula and feinting episodes last week.
- Pray for those going through radiation treatments for prostate cancer.
- Pray for those who battle loneliness and depression.
- Pray for those who had fathers who didn’t meet expectations. May our Heavenly Father bring healing.
- Pray for those who feel alone in raising their kids.
- “Pray for peace and healing.”
- Pray for those still feeling the affects of the volcano eruptions in Guatamala.
- Praise God for the safe travel of Dave DeBoer to Mozambique and his great reunion with friends. May God bless him during his “assignments” while he is with Brenda and her team from Orphans Unlimited.
- Pray for children caught in the middle of divorces.
- Pray for those contemplating or planning on weddings soon.
Pray for those who will be residing in Muskegon on boats this summer.
- Pray for those dealing with the scars of abuse.
- Pray for those planning vacations over the summer months.
- Pray for those looking for employment.
World Missions Prayers: PRAY FOR LATVIA
- Pray for harvest workers to embrace the younger generation before they follow in the footsteps of their atheistic ancestors.
- Pray for despair and suicide to melt away before the hope of the Living God.
- Pray for renewal and revival among lethargic churches filled with nominal believers.
- Watch the Youtube video below to pray specifically for this country http://prayercast.com/latvia.html