1. HOMEWORK! – What is the use of homework if you don’t have to turn it in? This past Sunday at the end of the sermon, Pastor Matt gave the homework to 1) think of all the things you appreciate about your parents and 2) tell them about it. Hopefully you did this already! This Sunday we will ask people to give a report about how it went. Be ready!
2. 5TH SUNDAY WORSHIP – It is the 5th Sunday of the month on July 30th. The plan is to have the Oasis children worship with their parents the entire morning. This gives both teachers and children a break. We will have “Busy Bags” available if your child needs them. We will also have a special time for the children during the service.
- July 21, Play to Learn Class, 10:00AM at church
- July 23, Nursery Training Meeting, 9:30AM
- July 24, Pray for Muskegon
- July 30, Celebrate Communion, 10:30AM
- Aug. 7, Council/Elder/Deacon Team Meetings, 6:30PM
- Aug. 9, Unity Fest Free Day, 5:00-10:00PM
- Aug. 23, Baby Basics, 10:00AM.
- Aug. 23, Women’s Bible Study, 10:30AM. We continue in “1000 Gifts” by Ann Voskamp.
Prayer Focus: Denmark
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring revival to the Lutheran Church where many have become disillusioned.
- Pray for biblical thinking to replace the secular, postmodern worldview prevalent among the youth.
- Pray for financial support for full-time pastors and teachers who are anchored in the truths of the Bible.
- For the video and more info, go to http://prayercast.com/denmark.html
- Pray for Lynn Pluger as she begins a new round of chemo to battle her Hodgkins Lymphoma.
- Pray for those struggling with depression and sadness.
- Pray for those selling homes and moving residences.
- Pray for the cadets and their counselors who are at the International Camporee in South Dakota this week.
- Pray for those connecting with parents this week.
- Pray for Jackie Knight as her pregnancy due date gets closer.
- Pray for those who need to put their cares on Jesus in prayer. Praise God for those who are already doing this.
- Pray for those in jail or prison.
- Pray for a bigger vision for building God’s Kingdom at Celebration.
- Please pray for Eddie Anderson whose grandson Joel died in AZ recently.
- Pray for Bill Essenberg at the passing of his mom last week.
- Pray for John Barrett’s brother who has cancer.
- Pray for the Motorbike Team in Balama Mozambique which reaches up to 3,000 children each day with the gospel!
- Pray for Marilee Schut’s father who is in hospice care and “failing”.
- Pray daily for our country & president. May God bring healing and civility in discussions.
- Eddie Anderson wrote: “There aren’t enough words to express our appreciation for the outpouring of love, food, and prayers from all the wonderful people at Celebration. Thank you all!”
- Roger and Sheri Doctor’s friend, Rosalie is having open heart surgery in a week.
- Pray for the 3 new pastors in the Classis Muskegon churches. May God bless them, their families, and congregations.
- Praise God for those starting fresh with Jesus after a long time without him!
- Pray for memorable summer family trips.
- Pray for healing and comfort for Lilia DuRose’s mom.
- Pray for those facing financial crises.
- Praise God for friends and family to get us through the tough times.
- Pray for peace and loving relationships within families.
- Pray for those who’ve lost jobs recently.
- Pray for wisdom to seek God in all the changes in life
- Pray for marriages which need God’s loving touch.