YOUTH MINISTRIES MOVIE NIGHT – February 9, 6:30PM at the Bairds. Darla has several options and will choose a good one next week. This is a great event to bring a friend! (Remember our Meeting at Church on Sunday, Feb 11, at 6:00PM)
UPDATE: CHILDREN’S AREA BUILDING PROJECT – We have received $65K of the $75K we asked for in checks and pledges for the new building project! This is fantastic! We will be getting final bids in the next few weeks to give us a bottom line total we need to “break ground.” Very exciting! Contact Roger Doctor or Dick DeBoer if you have any questions.
GROUP LIFE – We want everyone at Celebration to experience a meaningful community where they can grow closer to God and grow closer to people. One way is through small groups. We will be starting new groups at the end of February. Contact Pastor Matt or Brenda Swanson if you would like to join/start a group.
Feb 9, Play to Learn Class, 10AM in Oasis Room
Feb 9, Youth Ministry Movie Night at the Bairds, 6:30PM
Feb 11, Youth Ministries Meeting, 6:00PM in Fireside Room.
Feb 12, Council/Elder/Deacon Team Meetings, 6:30
Feb 13, Book Club Meeting at the new IHOP. We’re reading “Early One Morning” by Virginia Baily
Feb 22, Classis Muskegon Meeting at Allan Ave. CRC
Feb 24, Pray for Muskegon
Feb 26, Celebration Church 14th Anniversary!
Apr 21, Annual Celebration Carnival
Remember: every prayer listed here has a name and a story attached to it. At times we withhold some details but it is only to protect confidentiality. Thanks for praying!
- “I pray for the people I love so much.”
Pray for Lynn Pluger as she starts a new treatment for her Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Pray for sexual abuse victims of both genders and all ages. May God bring healing out of such devastating events.
- Pray for small groups meeting presently and the groups scheduled to begin in February.
- Pray for the new Building Project and also our financial support of it.
- Pray for Reyes Hinajosa’s sister Joyce who is very sick in San Antonio, TX.
- Pray for those in marriages where divorce seems a definite reality.
- Pray for Crystal Smith, Jackie Knight’s friend, whose baby was born 3 weeks premature.
- Pray for those who struggle with depression during the winter.
- Praise God Anna Strouse’s dad is cancer free! May this status continue. Pray for ear surgeries for 2 of her daughters at the end of the month.
- Pray for those looking for a chuch home.
- Pray for Pastor Fred in Balama, Mozambique who broke his leg on his way to preach in another village.
- Pray for Jackie Knight will have surgery on her eye soon.
- Pray for Kim Rhodes’ friend who is working through some emotional stress and fear.
- Pray for Pat Dunning to feel better after shoulder replacement surgery.
- Pray for Deb Mart’s friend Jeremy after they removed his cancerous voicebox.
- Praise God for forgiveness and reconcilliation over wrongs of the past.
- Pray for our Small Groups as they grow closer to God and others.
- Pray for Greg Stam and the efforts of Multiplication Network Ministries in Russia.
- Pray for those in need of money management skills.
- Pray for those looking for a church home. May God guide them to where they can invest and thrive.
- Pray for loved ones with apathy toward God.
- Pray for “messy” people who we struggle to love as Christ loes.
- Pray for the 3 new grandbabies born to Brenda Swanson’s daughter, Jenna. She and the babies are now at home.
- Pray for Sandy Ring’s friend, Val Warren, who is in the hospital with low platelets, low blood pressure, and a blood infection. Her health is fragile.
World Missions Prayers: PRAY FOR HUNGARY
- Pray for Hungarians to see the truth of the gospel in the midst of an increasingly postmodern culture.
- Pray for a recommitment to evangelism, holiness, and spiritual maturity within the church.
- Pray for the government to ease restrictions that are making open witness difficult, particularly in the marketplace.
- Watch the Youtube video below to pray for this country [http://prayercast.com/hungary.html]