JULY 4TH CELEBRATION
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, that they are endowed BY THEIR CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” This is the 2nd sentence of the Declaration of Independence. It is the ideal from which our country was established! It is one reason why we celebrate on July 4th each year. This doesn’t mean we cannot be disgruntled when our actions do not back up this ideal. We have a responsibility to point it out and strongly encourage people to live by this ideal. Seek to treat your neighbor as your equal because they were created by God just like you!
John Adams, the 2nd American president, wrote, “I believe that [Independence Day] will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other…” We of all people should be grateful for our freedoms and ideals and CELEBRATE TODAY!
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Join us July 11 at 10:30AM for a trip through 1st Corinthians to study the many issues dealt with in the early church which we still deal with today. We will use a study by Melissa Spoelstra “First Corinthians: Living Love When We Disagree.” Hope to see you there!
July 4, American Independence Day
July 8, Communion Sunday
July 9, Couples Small Group Bible Study, 6:30PM in the Fireside Room
July 9, Council Meeting, 6:30PM at Cerminaro’s
July 11, Baby Basics, 10:AM in Fireside Room
July 11, Women’s Bible Study, 10:30AM in Fireside Room.
July 13-14, POSTPONED: Couples Small Group Retreat
July 13, Play to Learn Class resumes in the Fireside Room
July 23, Couples Small Group Bible Study, 6:30PM in the Fireside Room
July 24, Pray for Muskegon
Aug 8, Unity Fest- Day Zero
- Praise God for the safe return home for Dave DeBoer from his work with Orphans Unlimited in Mozambique. We look forward to a report of how the Solar Bibles were received.
- Pray for Tom Fredrickson who is having surgery on his nose today.
- Pray for Maria Ramirez’ sister Delores and brother Rudy who are having health issues.
- “Pray for my grandkids that they may stay on the right path with the Lord.”
- Pray for those who have had surgeries or injuries lately and need healing.
- Pray for Lilia and safe travels to Ukraine.
- Pray for Sandy Ring and her back issues.
- Pray for Dan, Reyes Hinajosa’s co-worker who badly hurt his back.
- “Pray for my sister Nicole for strength. She’s going through a lot in life.”
- Praise God for a successful double knee replacement for Roger Doctor. Pray for him as he recovers at home.
- Pray for children caught in the middle of divorces.
- Pray for those with unpublicized medical issues.
- Pray for those taking vacations over the summer.
- Pray for those looking for employment.
- Pray for those who battle loneliness and depression.
Here are some prayers from inmates at the Muskegon County Jail:
- “Pray for my family as I will be away from them for a while.”
- “Pray that I may be able to let God control my life instead of me.”
- Pray that peace can be made between me and my dad.
- Pray for the delivery of my second child to be born in 2 weeks.
Pray for my family as we get reunited after 16 months.
Pray that I may stay on the path which God has for me.
World Missions Prayers: PRAY FOR LIBERIA
Pray for healing from terrible pain caused by two civil wars and the rebuilding that must occur in this impoverished nation.
Pray for spiritually mature leaders in the churches who will preach the Bible with integrity.
Pray for restoration for Liberia’s children — 50% of the population — who struggle to overcome the devastation of war.
Watch the Youtube video below to pray specifically for this country [http://prayercast.com/liberia.html]