1. Quote for the Day – “There are a whole lot of people who are so freakin’ busy—they’ve so cluttered up their lives—they’re at their wits’ end. And if they’d only just stop for a minute, they could hear the God of the universe whisper to them, ‘I love you.'” – Mike Yaconelli
2. Student Ministry Kick-Off Lunch, September 10, Noon – Calling all students and their parents! Meet in the Fireside Room after church on September 10 after worship as we talk about the upcoming year for our students. This is an exciting time to be at Celebration! God has big plans for them and we look to help them find it.
3. Upcoming Events
Aug. 23, Baby Basics, 10:00AM.
Aug. 23, Women’s Bible Study, 10:30AM
Sep. 10, Student Ministries—Parent Meeting
Sep. 11, Council/Elder/Deacon Team Meetings
Sept. 24, Student Ministries Resumes for the fall!
Sep. 27, See You At The Pole
Oct. 15, Annual Chili Cook-Off
– Pray for a stable and trustworthy government to act in the interest of all its people.
– Pray for the Church to continue to overcome evil with divine forgiveness and love.
– Pray for Jesus to reveal Himself to an unprecedented number of Muslims disillusioned by Islamic State.
– For the video and more info, go to http://prayercast.com/egypt.html
– Thank you for your prayers for my family and I during our vacation. I am almost fully recovered from a great trip and back into the groove.
– Pray for Sandy Ring and Suzy Cerminaro who have Pink Eye.
– Praise God for a successful surgery for Marilee Schut on Thursday. She is at home and doing well.
– Praise God for those who feel great about who they are in Christ and what he is doing in their life!
– Praise God for great adult leaders in the Sudent Ministry.
– Pray for those carrying a great amount of guilt from the past. May they find forgiveness from Jesus. May they be bold to forgive themselves too.
– Pray for the new pastors in the area. May God bless them, their families, and their ministry to God’s people.
– Pray for those want to foment racial trouble instead of building peace through hard conversations.
– Pray for students who begin school next week. May this be a great year for them!
– Marilee Schut writes: Thank you all for your support for me at the passing of my dad recently and my recent surgery.
– Pray for Bev Rhodes who is battling cancer.
– Pray for Greg and Sandy Hazelmyer who are selling their home in North Muskegon to move to Lakeside. May it be hassle-free.
– Pray for soldiers deployed around the globe. May God keep them safely in his hands.
– Pray for family members who are sick or battling cancer.
– Pray for those in jail or prison.
– Pray for the fall startup of the youth ministries. May we all help build up the children of our church to be all that God has called them to be!